Monday, August 10, 2015

"They Shoot Hulks, Don't They?" is a helluva weird B-side for this.

We mentioned creepy bug villain Psyklop a while back, and I managed to pick up a fresh copy of this one:

Reprinting Avengers #88, Incredible Hulk #140 and #142. The first two were co-written by Harlan Ellison and feature Psyklop and the Hulk's first visit to the sub-atomic world of his love Jarella, while the latter is a odder duck, in which a fundraiser for the Hulk (guest-starring Tom Wolfe!) leads to the Enchantress and the Valkyrie!

From the same eBay seller, I snagged this Marvel Illustrated Books reprint of Giant-Size X-Men #1, backed with 'Psi-War!' from Uncanny X-Men #117. I know I had others of these paperbacks, like the two Star Wars paperbacks reprinting the British Marvel weekly comics...I know I had more! There's also an Avengers: Origin of the Vision one with a great cover: I already have those issues, and it's already too spendy, but a great cover...

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Those are some sweet-looking covers. Were they like the old blue ribbon reprints, or just straight up reprints in a smaler bound book?

Psklop really is a freaky sum bitch. Could he get his own ML figure? At this point, I guess anything's possible.

googum said...

The panels had to be cut and pasted to fit, so each page might be two or three panels. Not quite as cramped as the blue ribbons, but not as many issues a book, either.

Oh, I got you a Groot leg--with Space Iron Man! Cheaper than a decent drink! Have to get around to sending it...

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Thanks man, appreciate it.