Wednesday, June 24, 2015

"Campbell."


I don't know if the Magic: the Gathering "Black Lotus" card would have ever been an uncut sheet, but that particular card is absurdly valuable. And that's about the extent of my Magic knowledge. The figures might have got more of an appearance here, but they are that rare mixture of articulated yet somehow unposeable...In the same vein, I bought the Funko Legacy Rocketeer figure last week, and friggin' love it, except some of the joints appear to be clear plastic, which could be more brittle, which makes me worry that I'm going to move it wrong and shatter the hell outta it.

For some reason, I imagine the Scarlet Witch is weirdly defensive about her mystic skills, as opposed to her mutant powers--I don't think she was trained since birth in the mystic arts or anything. In fact, her magic powers may vary wildly depending on the writer; but I'd say several other Marvel witches--Amanda Sefton, Jennifer Kale, Satana--probably outclass Wanda in training, if not natural ability. Then again, I'm not sure I've willingly paid money for a comic with the Scarlet Witch since the end of Kurt Busiek's run on Avengers, so what do I know?

Black Cat was going to make more of a stink about the suicidal lunacy of cosplaying in Marvel's New York City, since that seems like a really good way to catch an accidental crossover. Which probably wouldn't end well for someone without superpowers...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Hoo-boy, that Wanda! I'm thinking of a word that ends in "itch" and it ain't Witch!

But it IS a terrible idea to be a cosplayer in New York in the Marvel Universe! Hilarious...but a terrible idea.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I actually feel that while that's how she's presently being portrayed that way, she didn't always used to be so bad......unless they plan on sticking with her powers causing her to develop mental illness. I could, maybe go with that.

Wanda back then could've easily been taken out by either of those chicks due to experience like you said. I don't know how long she orignally was trained by Agatha harkness, before Bendis retconned fidged the time, but I don't think it was long enough.

Which makes we wonder further why Dr. Strange never gave her magic lessons on the weekends himself.

Still jealous of that Satana figure. She just looks so delicially evil!

As far as the whole cosplaying thing in the MU, I'd watch out for the real deals trolling the cosplayers. But in the typical super-hyped comic way.